udarrell

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyway, we had insulation added over the winter, so that we're at R-35
now. And I figured that would make a big difference. And maybe it
has. But now that we've had a couple of warm days, we're finding that
it still gets really warm inside the house a lot quicker than I think
it should. The outside temperature might get up to 65 degrees and
we'll find that the inside temperature rises to 78 or so by 9 p.m.

So I'd like to hear what sort of professional I should contact about
helping me with this.

What state and large city do you live near? I'll give you the summer outdoor
design for your area.
If those were sunny days you may be getting a big solar radiant heat load.
What color are the shingles and the exterior of your home?
How about insulation in the walls?
Pull the shades and drapes! You could use awnings over the windows too.

If you live in a high humidity climate your unit will run a lot until it
gets the latent humidity out of the materials in your home.
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditioning-seer.html

Call the power company, also, ask which A/C contractors know their
stuff, --you need help!
- udarrell
--
Air-Conditioning Manufacturing Companies - "Adding Marketing Values to A/C
Equipment"