Julie P.

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a limit to the amount of times you can split a phone line? I

read
somewhere that you cannot spit a line more than five times. But can I

take
one of the five split lines and split that again, into two more lines?

You can only split a line 5 times, this is true.

But yes, you can split each of the splits 5 times as well, and each of
those 5 times too.

The combined total of all the splits cannot exceed 2,500,000,197.2
though, so be careful.

Thanks. I have no more than 10 devices I need to connect to a phone line.

If I run a landline phone (as opposed to a cordless phone) through my
digital answering machine, will I still be able to use the phone if

the
power goes out in my house? Or should I connect the phone directly to

the
outlet and use a splitter for the answering machine?

You can only lose power to your house if you hook more than one outlet
to a clothes hanger, and we all know no one would EVER do that, so why
worry?

I just need an easy and quick way to ground a few outlets.