Dorothy Bradbury

I hadn't noticed the difference before, but you're right, the
newer MK CU's have less clearence between the rail and top
than the previous CU's with the clear plastic covers (which
were much better quality IMHO).

Yes they were - albeit more expensive.

For industrial CU's, I use the MEM memshield 500 (IIRC) range.
(I think MEM recently changed its name to Eaton or something
like that). I like the way you can make up RCBO's by adding
an RCBO pod to their MCB's to get an RCBO of any rating
(although the 10mA RCBO's are only available preassembled).

That is handy re upgrade/migration path.

However, these CU's won't take MK parts -- bus bar is
different style. They also do a downrated residential range
but I've never used that.

I wonder if the bus bar difference can be avoided...
o Move isolator, rcd, split-load-cabling, busbar, RCBOs from old unit
o Adjust the DIN rail to cover plate distance if needed

Could be the DIN plate isn't in the correct place...

I'm thinking of the French CU which have enough space in them
to get the average estate agent excited in terms of sub-letting. An
issue there may be the positioning of N & E bars re plain distance.

Thanks.
--
Dorothy Bradbury