Richard Colton

"Stuffed" wrote in message

"Richard Colton" wrote in message
. uk...

"Stuffed" wrote in message

In a single parent family, fair enough. But really, is it so impossible
for
one parent to do the shopping while the other stays at home? Why do two
adults, and three children of various age and annoyance have to be

there?

Why shouldn't they? The average family probably spends considerably more

on
supermarket shopping than a single person or a childless couple. I'm

pretty
sure the supermarkets would rather have them as customers than the lower
spending singles & couples.

Surely aside from a few sweeties, an individual parent from a couple with
children would spend just as much?

So what? They're still generally higher spenders than single people or
childless couples. If they want to go shopping, why shouldn't they?

Is there some sort of primitive instinct that instills a desire in those
that breed prolificly to show off the spawn of their loins to the world?

Yes, it's called pride - something I'm guessing your parents didn't have in
you, hence the vitriol.

Do
they take some sick pleasure in getting on everyone elses tits?

Everyone? No,we just enjoy annoying the mental minority. ;-)

It's a weak argument to say the whole bloody family has to fill the shop
because that way the supermarkets make more money.

Excuse me, but that's not what I said. I actually said that they have just
as much right to be there as you do, and that stores will generally value
their business more highly due to their (generally) higher spend.

And why do the parents look at me in fury if I actually want to get
past
their three year old bumbler to get at something I want to buy?

Possibly due to your confrontational attitude?

Possibly my attitude is due to the fact I go to a shop to buy things, not
as
some substitute for making the effort to have family time in a more
recreational environment?

Right, and parents so the supermarket shopping because it's "fun". Yeah,
right.

Your children are your children, not mine,

Thank God for small mercies.

and I
don't think their bicuity smell and fully formed lungs are a delight to
behold.

Tough. They're there, get used to it.

I have small animals, I love them to bits, but I'm sure you wouldn't
appreciate their squeaks and puddles of **** in the bread section.

No, I wouldn't. Mind you, I can't remember ever seeing a human child
****ing in the bread section either, so what's your point?

Did your parents never take you shopping as a child? Bear in mind, that

the
"three year old bumbler" could well be the person looking after you in

your
dotage and have a little patience (they'll need to exercise it when
you're
dribbling and ranting at them in later years after all ;-))

I was dragged around shops from time to time as a small child, but not at
all often. And I hated every minute of it, same as most of the haunted
juvenile faces you see in a supermarket most evenings. I'm not trying to
eradicate children from existence, I just fail to see why their parents
parade them around shops if they have the option not to.

Don't get me wrong, badly behaved children are a pet hate of mine. I've
brought my children up to be tolerant of others, and to demonstrate good
manners - I don't see any reason why others can't do the same thing.

Nope, just don't get it. If you have nobody else available to look after
your offspring, then fair enough. But when there's two of you, buying the
same crap as you did last week, fighting to keep an eye on your kids as
they
scream and fall over in front of others

Again, not a problem I've ever had. My children know how to behave.

who actually just want to get the
shopping done and get out, I can only think there really is some obscure
mental condition that's triggered when the missus forgot to take the pill
that time.

You really are quite a bitter and twisted person. If parents and children
wish to go shopping together, there's no reason why they shouldn't. The
children should be kept under control, but that's simple good parenting.
I'll admit that I've seen my fair share of badly behaved kids in
supermarkets, but they are in a minority.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk