Pete C

On 19 May 2005 09:24:45 -0700, wrote:

The batteries in my electric razor are wearing out and I would like to
replace them. There are two AA size cells with solder tags solders to a
PCB incorporating a charger. But, nowhere does it say what type of
batteries they are. Is there any easy way to find out what type of
replacements I need. I would rather not order the relevant part from
Braun because they are certain to cost more than generics from Maplins.

Hi,

NiMh don't like overcharging, even a trickle charge, so measure
voltage/current at end of charge to see what the charging circuit
does.

You might need to time the charge carefully but high capacity NiMh
will give a lot more use for each charge.

cheers,
Pete.