Mary Fisher

"BigWallop" wrote in message news:Plbje.35728

And did the lad have any outstanding behavoural problems? Was he known to
carry
or supply drugs, weapons or things? Yes, I remember well the SUSS laws,
and I
still thought they were a good thing. Even after being stopped and asked
who
and what I was on numerous occasions. But an ID card would have help in
those
situations. Showing a valid card would have allowed the police to ID me
in a
couple of minutes, rather than having to check for my identity over half
the
country before letting me go with a "sorry sir" ringing in my ears.

We live in Yorkshire Ripper country, we knew some of the victims and worked
at the place where the first was found. But we weren't questioned.

However, we were often stopped for road checks - and didn't mind at all. We
were pleasedthat the police were being vigilant.

What did upset us was nothing to do with the police - it was when a 13 year
old son was accosted by women's libbers when he and other choirboys left the
church they'd had their practice in.

Only them with a paranoid disposition are going to think they're
being watched from on high. Time to bring out the aluminium foil
hats folks.

They will watch and you don't need to be of a paranoid disposition to
work
that out. BW, you are being 'watched' now. Just jump into your mode of
transport and drive on any major road and you will be photographed at
some
stage and your vehicle number checked - could be a bit awkward if you
were
'playin away' in the wrong area of town and there was a purge on.

Brian G

All I'm hearing here is extreme cases of "what ifs",

Yes - and a lot of stuff from armchair experts who seem to know everything.

If the majority of people lived by allowing others to live, then all these
"silly" and "extreme" laws would be put out to pasture. But, as long as
people
out there are only out there to make other peoples lives a misery, then
these
"silly" and "extreme" laws will need to be upheld.

Yes.

All this is actually being used now in certain places, so why not extend
it to
encompass all of us. Maybe then it will be put to good use.

Yes.

Mary