Mary Fisher

"Brian G" wrote in message

If everyone of an innocent nature was carrying an ID card, then you
wouldn't be worried at all about being stopped in the street by the
police and asked to show your ID. I think you'd only fly off the
handle and object if you knew you had something to hide, or had just
done something that is against the rules of society, normally called
the moral code.

What about the freedom just to walk about without having to explain
yourself
to all and sundry. Remember, it just won't be PC plod who will have the
power to stop you.

For some it might be nice to be talked to :-)

Who in their right minds would think that, in a population of
millions of people, that they, and they alone, would be picked out
and scrutinised by the big brother state? Answers on a post-card to:
:-)

Ask that question to those people who have been stopped and searched under
the 'Suss law' - even though they have been going about their lawful
business. You, like me are old enough to remember that one, with people
being stopped just because they had long hair - I last saw that law being
used a few years ago when driving through a major city and four plods had
just stopped a young lad for no apparent reason in the 'club-land' area
and
were searching him.

"apparent" is the key word.

Only them with a paranoid disposition are going to think they're
being watched from on high. Time to bring out the aluminium foil
hats folks.

They will watch and you don't need to be of a paranoid disposition to work
that out. BW, you are being 'watched' now. Just jump into your mode of
transport and drive on any major road and you will be photographed at some
stage and your vehicle number checked - could be a bit awkward if you were
'playin away' in the wrong area of town and there was a purge on.

Why are you playing away? No need to answer that, I'm not interested, but
it's something to examine your own conscience about.

Mary

Brian G