MM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 23:24:02 GMT, raden wrote:

In message ws.net,
":::Jerry::::" writes

"raden" wrote in message

For those who have switched off from VE day Warplanes ...

http://www.snipped

If people are serious about objecting to ID cards, rather than signing
up to a meaningless web page, may I suggest that you write directly to
the Home Office (stating valid and reasoned arguments as to why you
consider ID cards unworkable etc.) with a CC to your own MP.

The above approach can and *has* forced ministers to modify or rethink
policy / Bills before Parliament.

Well at least it got a decent discussion going

With the current administration, one has to ask whether listening Tony
actually gives a toss

Blair is interested in one thing and one thing only, and that is
himself and his place in history. He brought Labour back from the
brink and made it electable again. He thought that therefore he must
be able to walk on water, since no such miracle had ever worked
before. Since then he had two massive landslides, which in his eyes
only confirmed his invincible position as Man of The Century (and
quite possibly, the last one, too). He is thinking only of how he will
be judged by future generations and is desperate to get the Iraq mess
behind him. He is in a bind, electorally, he is ill, he is running out
of time, and his majority has been cut drastically. He also believes a
lot that is just not true, like when he was confronted by the Question
Time audience and did not know what detrimental effect his 'targets'
society was having down on the ground. He is so out of touch with
Britain and the electorate, and increasingly his own backbenchers,
that I think we are, or could be, on a slippery slope to disaster and
Tony still won't give a toss. He simply won't understand. But it will
be too late.

MM