Mary Fisher

"MM" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 20 May 2005 09:15:33 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Brian G" wrote in message

Brian G

Why don't you use your name? Are you trying to hide something?

Anyone who uses his own name in these newsgroups is asking for
trouble. There are a bunch of nutters out there, and you can never be
sure that your personal safety is guaranteed any more.

I wonder why I've never had any trouble - and very many of my friends too?
What's more, I live in a high crime area - but we don't have problems there
either ...

That's why more
and more people go ex-directory

We've had the same entry in the phone book since the sixties - and the same
number. I give out our address, phone, fax, internet and web details to
several hundred people I don't know every year - not counting Usenet. I've
had my work published in magazines, books and newspapers for forty years in
my own name.

No problem.

and hide everything they possibly can.

I have nothing to hide.

This is a nation of snoopers.

er - I'm not interested in your personal details, are you in mine? If
we'renot among the snoopers who are they?

We are the most watched society in the
Western world.

Evidence?

People are willing, keen even, since we love a nice
dollop of Schadenfreude whenever we can get it, to denounce their
distant neighbours if their face doesn't fit.

Schadenfreude is one of the things I thoroughly hate - we are surrounded
with it on radio, television, newspapers, magazines, Usenet and many other
media. But, you know, some of us aren't convinced that because a famous
person says something that something is true. It's just opinion and counts
for no more than our own.

The situation is already
dire.

Why, then, are you still here? Why not go to fresh fields? I'm sure you'll
be very welcome.

I would grab myself a new moniker as quickly as poss, if I were
you.

I did that forty five years ago when I became part of the family Fisher.
It's not done me any harm and is easier to spell and pronounce than my
maiden name for simple minds. Why should I change again?

After all, why does it matter *who* you are? It's what we say
that counts.

So if it doesn't matter who you are why not say who you are?

Michael Miles is dead, isn't he... :-)

Mary

MM