MM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 22:41:58 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

"Toby Sleigh" wrote in message
Who watches the watchers? Not Blunkett.

1 to 1 might be difficult, but East Germany got up to 1 to 6.5
http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/b...p?story=532434
Published : 18 June 2004

"in the snooper's state of East Germany, the Stasi secret police employed
one informer for every 6.5 citizens. Its agents monitored every aspect of
.."

But they had crap computers. Okay so do our government but that could be
dealt with. With modern techniques it should be possible to monitor
everybody on perhaps a 100:1 ratio.

As most of us have mobile phones our location is already usually known to
800m or so and this will come down significantly with the future GPS equiped
phones.

Think I'll move to the Isle of Man.

Shame there's not an Isle of Woman, as I'd prefer to move there.

MM