Kevin

Default Bowls or platters

Not wishing to start any religious wars here i.e., the difference twixt a
closed form versus a bowl but of the two - platters or bowls, which is the
easiest to turn and finish? A platter, for purposes of this note, is
flat-bottomed on the interior with walls that slope up to the rim. The walls
themselves are shallow, more a lip than a wall.
I find that sanding platters to be much easier than sanding bowls. Also,
with the wood I have (maple) I can show much more of the beauty of the wood
than with a bowl. The downside is that platters, or at least those I turn,
tend to show warp more than bowls.
Another reason for posting this is the group has been a bit slow of late.

Thanks,
-kevin