ggg

R. wrote:
We're restoring a 1910 home and as a large part of that are putting and
office and a bedroom in the basement. My wife wants to make sure the floors
down there aren't cold and says we need to go either cork or carpet. I see
cork as having problems after office chair casters have worked on it for a
while. I see carpet as having unhealthy offgassing (outgassing? whatever ...
you know what I mean). Any opinions or suggestions? The main and top floors
are fir so we're simply refinishing them.

TIA - R.

I wouldn't go with either but you might want to do carpet tiles since
they can be easily removed and replaced if your basement floods.