Ned

Job was completed on Thursday night as scheduled. No major problems; I
had two sons & a firend of theirs who had some experience of this so we
had the panel out, sofa in, and panel reinstalled in 30 mins. First
step was removal of the inner beading, then the outside "slips"
(outside angled metal strips around the side of the window - where the
putty is in a traditional window). At this stage we had one person
inside and three outside and carefully pushed from inside to free up
the pane. After getting the sofa in the reinstallation of the panel was
easy enough, pane in, slips in and finally the inside beading. This we
"softened" in a basin of luke warm water and suds to make it slippy -
it also expanded the rubber slightly which need to be trimmed a bit.
Job is finished - happy days back to the golf........