Owen Lowe

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

thanks for the link George.. looks kinda like it..
we're on the left, for sure..... central Calif.....

This wood was at about 7,000 feet... most hardwood (what little there is in
our
area) stops at about 3,000 to 5,000' and mostly pine, fir, etc. above that..

SNIP
I posted some pics on ABPW..

I'm betting it's either an immature White Fir or Subalpine Fir. White's
generally have needles in the 1.5" to 2.5" range, but could be as short
as 1" - so I'd tend to lean more toward Subalpine.

(You didn't venture into the Santa Lucia Mts. / Los Padres NF by any
chance?)