Broadback wrote:
I wish to place a rain butt the other side of a door to the gutter

down
pipe. This means the feed will need to be higher than the butt to

get
over the door.
If I install the rain diverter higher than the top of the door,

connect
a hose from this, over the door to the rain butt feeding it through a

float valve would this work? Once the float rose and shut the valve

the
pipe would fill with water, then backup operating the rain diverter.

Would this work, or has anyone a better solution?
TIA

Rain supply will contain grit and muck, ballvalve needs clean water
otherwise it fails to close sometimes.

You could heath robinson it with a float operated guttering diverter:

: (___________) ---- pivoted piece of gutter
: | ^ \ / ---- hopper on downpipe
: | \ /
: |