Kieran Mansley

On Thu, 19 May 2005 11:37:15 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

I think it was last year when there was a thread about this and we intended
following the advice but didn't get round to it - story of my life! Trouble
is, since we'd determined to buy a new one we gve a son the old one. It
worked well but was noisy.

Models might well have changed now - has anyone any ideas please?

I'd like one which will deal with branches up to 1" (25mm) thick - easily -
and which isn't too bulky and is relatively quiet.

Our local parish council has a community-owned shredder. As it's
something most people don't use very often but which helps cut down on
over-flowing bins and avoids a lot of garden bonfires, it was (I
presume) deemed to be something that would give some benefit to the
community. It means that we can use a much more substantial piece of
machinery than we would otherwise be able to justify buying. It might be
that there is something similar where you live, or if not, you might like
to consider trying to arrange the same. As far as I know, it works very
well here.

Kieran