John Knowles

It's a II and not a IIP and now has a functioning 24V supply. I removed the
PC board and found a crack in the board caused, I think, by rough handling.
There were several broken traces which I repaired. All I need now is a new
separator pad!

Thanks for reponding

"John Knowles" wrote in message
.. .
We have a Laserjet II which we would like to maintain.

When turned on with no PC connected the lights come on the front panel and
the display says the printer is doing a self check. After a few seconds

the
lights go out and the display reads "12 printer open". At no time can the
fans or motors be heard. I tried opening the top, depressing the

microswitch
which is normally activated by the longish plastic tab on the cover, and
powering on. I do not see a fuser lamp glow when I do this.

I took the DC Power supply (RGI-1394 (02)) apart and checked the
microswitch. It's OK.

I do not have +24V between pins 1 and 14 on J212.

I do have 169V on the large electrolytic capacitor which must mean there

is
rectified mains voltage ready for use by the switchmode circuit.

This is as far as I wanted to go without a circuit diagram.

Can anyone suggest where I might find a service manual with schematics or
just a DC power supply schematic?

John Knowles
Montreal