Dave in Fairfax

Walt Cheever wrote:
My son brought home a Central Machinery Lathe from a yard sale. (He didn't
ask my advice, so I claim no responsibility.)
As I understand it, the drive center is threaded onto the shaft of the lathe
(3/4" 10 tpi if I read the manual right), and there is no Morse taper
available. I've been looking to see if there are any other drive centers
available (2 prong, smooth etc) that are threaded on, but haven't found any.
Anyone got any hints, guesses or experience in this direction?

It's a Harbor Freight lathe, should be MT1. get the model and
serial number and order your parts from them. Delivery will be
6-8 weeks probably. Depending on which lathe and condition, it
should be usable, just not fancy.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader