Randy Zimmerman

I lost count of how many Lawn Boys I have resurrected by cleaning out the
exhaust. The exhaust ports often coke up. Turn the unit upside down and
open up the muffler/exhaust chamber underneath and scrap out the ports. I
do the scraping while the mower is up on a bench so that any scraping has
the carbon falling out rather than into the cylinder.
Randy

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
Help! Advice please for my 2-stroke Bad Boy, errr, make that Lawn Boy.
It is very hard to start and appears like, smells like it floods when
attempting to cold start. All I did this year after replacing the spark
plug was to squirt some Gumout carb cleaner into the running engine air
intake until it would momentarily stall while digesting the carb cleaner.
With that apparent success under my belt, I replaced the air cleaner with
a foam rubber sponge cut down from another brand that was available. So
far, I haven't taken the sponge out to see if that influences the problem
one way or the other. I had a similar problem once with a motorcycle air
cleaner that had been overzealously soaked with oil. Any suggestions?

Bob Swinney