Jeff Wisnia

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Ignoramus633 wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2005 12:41:04 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Ignoramus18353 wrote:

On Thu, 12 May 2005 22:01:01 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

ebay

good idea, thank you.

way. Some of the sellers pack them into those USPS cardboard
envelopes which let you mail "Anything you can fit inside them." for
a flat rate, even though the weight may be pretty high.

that's highly unadvisable, these envelopes are not strong enough. I
got burned on that once.

I didn't say it was ME who mailed them that way. G

But, the sellers did tape the stock together and then the envelopes
(like mummys) with clear packaging tape. I think it would have taken
a nuclear weapon or concerted effort to tear the cardboard enough to
let the stock get separated from the address in transit.

A USPS clerk told me that I am not allowed to put tape over those
envelopes. (!)

USPS has so many of those stupid unknown rules etc, that I try to use
them as little as possible. I never know what is going to bite me next
time and get my package returned.

That was before the Feds made it illegal to maliciously return those
kind of cards 'yknow. Now, if you just cram everything in a junk
mailing into its postpaid reply envelope and mail it you could be in
trouble with the eagle if they somehow cought up with you.

I did not know that it was illegal.... So, if Iwrite **** YOU on such
a card, and mail it back, I am doing something illegal?

The only thing I could find is this Cecil Adams piece on the subject.
After reading it I guess I was wrong in saying it was illegal for you to
suggest autofornication on a reply card, but it does sound like you
might get in trouble with the eagle for "abuse of the mails" if you
started dropping bricks in mailboxes and they cought you at it. (There
are surveillance cameras all over these days y'know.)

Jeff

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_356.html

--
Jeffry Wisnia