ATP*

"Gunner" wrote in message
Im stripping a Buffalo Forge Co. #18 drill press in preparation for
making Mucho Macho Drill Press #1
(1hp, MT3 spindle, VFD)

Ive used StripEez paint stripper, but some of the old filler will not
come up easily in the corners and crannies. Ive cup brushed where I
could, and still cant get into some of the tight places. The biggest
media I have for the blast cabinet is 40-70 crushed glass and its
taking forever to remove the paint/filler

Will I have better luck with sand?

Gunner

Use coal slag, Black Beauty, Black Magnum, etc.. Should cost between 8 and
12 dollars per 40 pound bag depending on quantity. I blasted a very corroded
dump body last summer down to white metal. It stings a little bit when it
bounces back on you, so wear a suit and use a shield for your face.