Pat Barber

Here is a shot of the new arrangement less the DC...

http://home.att.net/~mboceanside/wsb...ID-773478.html

The DC is now in that space between window and breaker panel..

Note how close all the equipment is..

My ceiling is 12'6" and there is some doubt(on my part) if
a 3hp DC can lift dust effectively at that height. You can
also see that the planer(15") and the jointer(8") are no more
than 6' from the DC. The big table saw is/has been the
problem.

I would hate to think how a 8" piece of PVC pipe would look
if I ran straight up, over 10' and then down 12'6" to the
floor for just one machine.

Here is another angle of the tools:

http://home.att.net/~mboceanside/wsb...ID-773467.html

Bob G. wrote:

======================
I only skimmed the first few messages then deleted them...
But I really can not understand why you are stuck with flex pipe...

why can't you run solid pipe from the ceiling with drops controlled by
blastgates ? or along the walls with "short lenghts of flex pipe to
connect a machine...(also with blast gates)..

Anyhow... I actually have 2 DC's in my shop...plus 2 air filters...and
I do not use them for health reasons...I just like a cleaner "looking"
shop in which to relax in...

I run a Jet Cabinet saw and I really do not care if sawdust
accumulates inside the cabinet... in over 15 years it has never been a
problem.... Yes every now and then I
do pull the motor cover off and vaccum inside..."now" is never a good
time however and "then" never seems to get here... In other words
its been over a year since I cleaned it out and I am retired and use
the saw almost every day...

Bob Griffiths