Bob G.

On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:37:06 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

This is a real killer. Due to my layout of equipment,
I'm sort of stuck with flex hose. I rearranged the
shop and put the major machines as close to each
other as practical.

This was to cut down on the length of DC runs and
maybe improve work flow. I may have screwed myself,
but I really like the new layout for work flow.

Is there a flex pipe(or semi-flex) that doesn't
reduce air flow as much ???

Many folks I have spoken to seem to resign themselves
to getting a "certain level" of clean in table saws
and that's all you get...

I'm gonna play with a combo of 4" S&D pipe and flex
hose over the weekend and see if that really makes
a BIG difference.

======================
I only skimmed the first few messages then deleted them...
But I really can not understand why you are stuck with flex pipe...

why can't you run solid pipe from the ceiling with drops controlled by
blastgates ? or along the walls with "short lenghts of flex pipe to
connect a machine...(also with blast gates)..

Anyhow... I actually have 2 DC's in my shop...plus 2 air filters...and
I do not use them for health reasons...I just like a cleaner "looking"
shop in which to relax in...

I run a Jet Cabinet saw and I really do not care if sawdust
accumulates inside the cabinet... in over 15 years it has never been a
problem.... Yes every now and then I
do pull the motor cover off and vaccum inside..."now" is never a good
time however and "then" never seems to get here... In other words
its been over a year since I cleaned it out and I am retired and use
the saw almost every day...

Bob Griffiths