Nick Hull

In article ,
"Robert Swinney" wrote:

Help! Advice please for my 2-stroke Bad Boy, errr, make that Lawn Boy. It
is very hard to start and appears like, smells like it floods when
attempting to cold start. All I did this year after replacing the spark
plug was to squirt some Gumout carb cleaner into the running engine air
intake until it would momentarily stall while digesting the carb cleaner.
With that apparent success under my belt, I replaced the air cleaner with a
foam rubber sponge cut down from another brand that was available. So far,
I haven't taken the sponge out to see if that influences the problem one way
or the other. I had a similar problem once with a motorcycle air cleaner
that had been overzealously soaked with oil. Any suggestions?

Bob Swinney

EZ way to start hard starters is to stick an unlit propane torch in the
carb and start it on propane.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/