Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
We moved into our house towards the end of last summer. We knew it
needed additional insulation after seeing the attic during the
inspection-- then we had a few hot days and you could feel the heat
permeating from the ceiling. On a hot day, the AC would just work and
work and work and we could barely keep the temperature under 80
degrees.

Anyway, we had insulation added over the winter, so that we're at R-35
now. And I figured that would make a big difference. And maybe it
has. But now that we've had a couple of warm days, we're finding that
it still gets really warm inside the house a lot quicker than I think
it should. The outside temperature might get up to 65 degrees and
we'll find that the inside temperature rises to 78 or so by 9 p.m.

So I'd like to hear what sort of professional I should contact about
helping me with this.

Get a pro HVAC guy to check your AC unit.

Just because it is running doesn't mean it is working. Or it may be working
at 10%. A knowledgeable person can figure this out real quick on a hot
afternoon.

Colbyt