Seri

newman wrote:
I will be fitting a new kitchen and have been looking at Baumatic
integrated appliances. Does anyone have good or bad experiences to
share?

Regards

Seeing as our kitchen has a few Baumatic items in it I'm posting my
comments on them one at a time:

Baumatic 5 Burner 90cm Hob (B17.7 -
http://www.baumatic.co.uk/products/b...view.php?id=18)
The hob is pretty good, solid controls, easy to fit and install, good
and clear instructions for both installation and use.
Problems:
The little rubber feet on the bottom of the cast iron pan stands come
off and require refixing with heat proof glue.
The small burners let out a high pitched whistle when turned down to
the lowest setting.

Baumatic Stainless Steel 90cm Splashback
Big lump of metal with the word Baumatic embossed in it, fairly solidly
made.
Problems:
Instructions are non existent (no idea whether the wood panel that
comes fitted into it is just for transportation or if it's part of the
splashback to help reduce dints and dings). When peeling off the
plastic coating it leaves areas that look distressingly like scratches,
but these are easily removed with a gentle wipe of thinners.

Baumatic 90cm Glass and Stainless Cooker Hood (BT82.1 -
http://www.baumatic.co.uk/products/c...view.php?id=32)
Construction is sound and solid, pretty well engineered and easy to put
together. Comes with two chimney sheaths so it can be brought down
quite low and have the chimney reaching the ceiling with no issues.
Problems: The mounting holes in ours weren't quite level which made
hanging it a bit more fiddly than it could have been. The instructions
are next to useless for telling you how to put it together (only 5
minutes of head scratching required however).

Baumatic 100cm Uragano Sink (BX30P -
http://www.baumatic.co.uk/products/sinks_uragano.php)
The sink is lovely, has to be one of the nicest sinks I've seen. It has
sound dampening on the underside and it's solidly made and designed.
The attachments and fittings for it all slot in snugly without being
tight and the waste trap and drain has a nice action to it.
Problems:
No template to tell you how big the cut-out needs to be (an annoying
problem as the grips to hold the sink to the countertop require and
extra 15mm all round to be cut out)

Baumatic Monobloc Mixer Tap (FX300SS -
http://www.baumatic.co.uk/products/sinks_taps.php)
Not actually plumbed in yet so can't comment too much.
Problems:
Had marking on it that doesn't look like it will ever come off.

Random accessories:
Baumatic Griddle Plate - A nice solid big lump of metal

Hmmm, that's my lot, hope it helps a little.

Seri