Prometheus:

SNIP
Funny, I hear that a lot about most of the contractors as well. The

jobs I do are quality, but I worked as a carpenter for several years,
and don't drink on a job site (or much at all, really). Plenty of
guys like me are willing to do the same or better quality of work you
provide because we like it. I follow up every project I do at least
twice in the first year, and at least once after two, because I don't
care to leave shoddy work behind me. Can your company claim the same?

Sorry you chose to personalize this. Obvious issues here. And yes, if
you are actually interested, I can make the same claims and better. I
NEVER, EVER advertise. All my work is word of mouth recommendation
from clients. For 23 consecutive years. Current backlog of work
(again... thanks for asking) is about 4 months. I am confident enough
in my company and my abilities that I actually use my cell phone as my
main business number so my clients can call me ANYTIME.

I am interested in your comment about your pride in not working drunk.
Good for you - many folks never realize the importance of not working
while drunk or stoned. You should be proud. I am also proud of myself
as I too rarely drink, and never had done so on the job. Never fooled
with drugs.

SNIP

A lot of your points are valid, but you're painting with an awfully

wide brush. Most of the points you make apply to a good number of the
contractors I've run across. In fact, I've made a whole pile of money
fixing contractor mistakes

Of course they are painted with a wide brush. I wasn't attempting a
collegial dissertion studying the minutae of building a garage. I
honestly agree with many of the things you said in your post! You made
a lot of valid points.(Still sad to see it get personal...)

SNIP

for homeowners when the *professional* they

hired wouldn't return their phone calls about the warranty

Happens all the time. Every ****head with a hammer and saw thinks they
are a contractor. Or could be a contractor with the "right breaks".
OF COURSE THEY AREN'T. Any nitwit can pound nails, and an idiot can
become a decent carpenter with brute repitition (and me buying his
tools). Framing/siding/cornice is the low end of the totem pole for
carpenters. I started there myself in '73. That proves anyone can do
it!

SNIP

- or even
better, when the illegal immigrant foreman *all of a sudden* claims to
"no habla ingles".

Well, you played your face card there, didn't you? Problems with
Hispanics? I live in San Antonio, TX, and our city of almost 2 million
(including the metroplex) is a whopping 70% Hispanic. Many of my
friends are Hispanic, LOML is part Hispanic and they would gladly talk
to you about your racist stereotyping if you would like. That is
simply disgusting.

I have read many of your posts before and you I don't ever recall you
needing to make a racial slur to make a point.

SNIP
Buyer beware.

Amen. That is exactly what it all boils down to.

Robert