IBM5081

My first "sawzall" is the PC Tigersaw with the switchable orbital
action. I still have it, it still works and does a good job. It was
purchased new.
My second "sawzall" is a rebuilt Milwaukee Super Sawzall with the
counterweight. Both saws have the keyless blade chucks and have had few
problems. Sometimes pliers are needed to loosen the chuck if it gets
too tight.
I would say that a reciprocating saw is an excellent tool for the
garden even on a ladder; safer than an equivalent chain saw. The tool
weight is less of an issue when the blade can rest on the limb to be
cut. It will get heavy in use overhead or when holding onto the saw
while pulling cut limbs out of the way.
One benefit to the recip saw is that if a blade gets pinched into a
cut, you can disconnect from that blade, put in another blade and cut
the first one free from another angle. Most chain saws do not come with
a spare bar.
The other tools mentioned may be better at outdoor tasks but have
little use inside or with lumber containing nails.