Stormin Mormon

I'd suggest to trace it back as far as you can, and replace the tubing.
Water copper isn't all that expensive.

Compression is what you see at the store, for water copper splicing. Flare
for refrigeration guys. Sweat fittings for HVAC guys. Braze for puron.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"toller" wrote in message
I had a burst pipe in a crawl space, and when I managed to get back there I
discovered it was 3/8" soft copper. Unfortunately I had no 3/8" fittings.
(do they even make 3/8" fittings, other than compression?)

So I "fixed" it by getting the hole as small as I could with pliers, and
then by wrapping two layers of silicon tape around it. Then I put some
cable ties around the tape for good measure.

Seems to be holding so far. Assuming it does not blow immediately, should
it be good indefinitely or will it deteriorate? Anyone use it for this
purpose before?