World Traveler

If you think you might be changing pictures occasionally, buy picture
molding and run it along the ceiling, or just under the crown molding.
Paint it the same color as the wall or ceiling so that it essentially
disappears. Then buy "s"-shaped picture hooks which fit the molding, and
hang your pictures from the molding using the picture hooks and cord, chain
or fishline. This way you'll never have holes in the wall and you'll be
able to change around what you have hanging.

Regards --

"Rumpty" wrote in message
Home Depot has hangers for plaster walls that work well. I don't know
their
specific name.

--

Rumpty

"Dhakala" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm moving to a house that has plaster walls, a first for me. I'm told
that hanging objects on plaster can be traumatic.

I have some framed pictures that aren't terribly heavy - none more than
ten pounds, I'd guess, and most under five.

I also have an African antelope skull that probably weighs 20 pounds.
(The scale is packed for moving.)

Any advice on how to hang them, or which one(s) not to hang?