Edwin Pawlowski

"Pat Barber" wrote in message

I hooked it up and hit the start button and sure enough,
it started working. It DID NOT empty the machine and with
all the holes in the saw base, I'm surprised it did anything
at all. I have to come up with a method of closing up some
of the many places air is escaping.

I also believe I will get rid of more dust if I come up with
a method of directing the dust straight to the dust port. I
plan on building some sort of "ramps" that fit in the cabinet
and that will "funnel" the dust to the dust port.

You may not have to build them. In the base of my contractor saw, there is
buildup on the sides and it funnels down to the 4" hose. It never get
beyhone a certain amount so I just leave it there.

As for the holes, you need air coming in to the hose from someplace. Don't
make it airtight or it will not suck at all.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/