Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
On 5 May 2005 12:02:19 -0700, tbasc@

He did none of this. I will write him off and hope for better
estimates. I think I shall just keep calling places until someone does
it right. I will be willing to pay a bit more for someone who does
things right to begin with. I mean it would seem that a company that
does a thorough estimate would most likely do better work?

No, it means they have better control over costs. It has nothing to do
with the ability of the installer to do a good job. There are hacks that
have nice trucks, professional looking contracts and estimates, and say
"please" and "thank you" as they slip the money from your pocketbook. Best
to check with people that he has done work for.