On 5 May 2005 12:02:19 -0700, wrote:

Calculations should include Heat Gain / Loss.
This takes into account orientation, shading, window area,
construction.

He did none of this. I will write him off and hope for better
estimates. I think I shall just keep calling places until someone does
it right. I will be willing to pay a bit more for someone who does
things right to begin with. I mean it would seem that a company that
does a thorough estimate would most likely do better work?

Duct sizes for adequate air distribution for various thermal loads.

Ah. I was wondering about that as I have a very sunny - gets afternoon
sun - kitchen.

Sheetmetal ducts have less friction and are more difficult to install
than flex.

Flex is for quick and dirty or hard to reach areas.

This is none of that. It is a wide open attic over a brand new
ceilings - I don't even have the insulation there yet.

Duct insulation is important as is the location of ducts.

O.K. I will read up on duct insulation.

I am so happy to find you guys! First you saved me from buying a new
lawn mower (and no doubt filling it with diesel and yanking till my
arm fell off trying to start it) and now all the help with this.

You are the best!

Cheers!
Ashby

--