Patriarch

Pat Barber wrote in news:P7Mie.785803
:

snip

The new collector has two methods:

A inlet with four 4" holes.

A single inlet with a 8" inlet.

I checked around and 8" pipe is both rare and very
expensive. I found a source of 8" flex but again,
very expensive.

Even if I bite the bullet and get the 8" pipe, that
leaves the problem of how to transition to each machine.

Most of my machines are really geared toward 4" outlets
and that creates more peroblems.

One thought might be to transition hose sizes at or near a cyclone-style
chip seperator. Mine's shopbuilt, but it's made a big difference. In
my case, it also cut down the length of the run with the heavier chip
load. In other words, the long run for me is between the impeller and
the seperator.

I dump the chip can maybe 10 times for each time I empty the plastic
dust bag on my 1.5 hp Delta.

And I don't worry about the inside of the Unisaw getting full. About
twice a year, I dig out the offcuts that have made their way inside.
Otherwise, no problems. Except when I do 'just a couple of quick
things' without turning on the DC.

That's a human problem.

Patriarch