stuart noble

Default The wrong way to apply beeswax polish.

Michael Mcneil wrote in message ...
I've never known a furniture polish that contained abrasives.

What do you think evens out the imperfections in the finely ground
almost finished product?

Ground what? IIRC silitin is the mineral that used to be added to car
polishes when they were made from wax. Abrasives serve no purpose in a wood
finish.
As for using vaseline which by the way imparts a nice finish -to oak for
one timber, I never said it was a polish. I was comparing its use to the
OP's idea of heating the wax finish.

Wax is a solid, vaseline is not. Vaseline stays forever greasy, dirt sticks
to it, and it really has nothing going for it that I can think of.
I have sen engine oil used as a finish on plywood. It looked OK.

Well try it on your furniture then.