Joseph Meehan

xrongor wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
xrongor wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message

And just how did you determine that they provide so little
protection or that garage doors are so safe?

According to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, 20,000
people each year have been treated in hospital emergency rooms for
injuries related to garage doors.

how many of them would have been saved by the electronic eye?

Impossible to say, however I don't think it takes much effort to
realize that it would have been less.

you brought up the statistic. im just showing you why its
meaningless.

Life and injury are not meaninless.

I don't know how many people who die each year from skin cancer die
because of excessive sun exposure. It is impossible to say. However just
as in garage doors it is prudent to take precautions. Look up the word
prudent. You will not find your picture next to it.

to rephrase, how can you put this into perspective so that we can
see the actual effect of the electronic eye on garage door safety?

Over 85 children have died or suffered severe brain injuries
involving automatic garage doors since 1974.

30 years, 85 kids. so less than 3 a year. which is virtually zero.

Unless one of those three was your son or daughter. I take it you
don't believe their lives have any value?

You are sounding very much like a troll.

you are the troll. twisting what i said into 'their lives dont have
any value'. you ought to be ashamed.

what i said was you cannot pad every corner in this world just
because it hurt someone. since you 'care' so much, if 3 deaths a
year is cause for action, you better get busy. and you can start
throwing out just about everything you own.

Your foolish comments could convince someone to disable or ignore the
safety devices that can save lives. You are a fool.

If you believe the sensors and the regulations requiring them are not
desirable, then I suggest you take your case to the authorities making those
decisions.

randy

--
Joseph Meehan