Olaf

"Ken Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 May 2005 02:36:24 GMT, "Dr. Hardcrab"
wrote:
I agree with both statements, but I ask you the same question -- why
doesn't opening hot water faucets also work?

That'll work too....

But that's the reason for question 3 -- it didn't work

Ken

Even if you relieve the partial vacuum that will form in the water heater
tank the dip tube probably doesn't reach completely to the bottom of the
tank, so it wouldn't siphon all the water out either.

Never thought of a water heater overhead in the attic. Usually they have to
be pumped out from the basement around here.