Mary Fisher

"Biggles" wrote in message
David wrote:
In my experience of teak, i make furniture from recycled timber so only
use 'recycled' it is very prone to splinter as it has very long cells
in its makeup. The roughness is due to rainwater raising the grain. If
you use some silicon carbide abrasive that should cure it. p.s.
Indonesia also uses Malaysia as a launderette for its timber exports.
Anyway why not use a native timber oak, chestnut etc. Then the tropical
forest can be left. Do not encourage B + Q.

Cracking idea (no pun intended) - could you suggest where I could buy
garden furniture made from oak or chestnut?

It's not difficult but it's usually hand made, to your spec and is
incredibly expensive. One of my friends makes a very nice living making it -
very well.

Mary

Biggles