Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

"Robert Baer" wrote in message
nk.net...
mc wrote:

"Joe Smith" wrote in message

I have a mains adaptor (marked as "model SPN 4079A") which is made

in
the UK and which is marked ... "OUTPUT 12.5v 400mA".

I plugged it in the mains here in the UK and measured the voltage at
the end with the round concentric applicance plug. It was about

17.3
volts!

What you are seeing is quite normal for an unregulated adapter. Use

it with
a load of 300 to 400 mA and you'll get the right voltage.

Not true!
*All* unregulated "wallwarts" have an output voltage higher than

the
"spec" even at full load.
Measure some and find out for yourself.

And just exactly _what_ axiom do you base your unequivocal statement on?