Asimov

" bravely wrote to "All" (16 May 05 23:17:35)
--- on the heady topic of ""no matter what it takes" (CTC169/Proscan tubes)"

ZZ From:
ZZ Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:48416

[,,,]
ZZ When I need to be a hillbilly I try to be the best one I can.

ZZ After disassembling the socket and removing the electrodes I cleaned
ZZ the plastic with acetone. In one of the tunnels in which the focus
ZZ electrodes reside there is still a brown spot. As Alex Harvey said "I
ZZ flipped open a packet of cigarettes and considered the situation".
[,,,]

JURB,

You were really close to the solution when you mentioned the acetone.
The idea would be to use some nail polish to cover the brown spot.
The clear stuff would be best. Definitely stay away from the sparkly
metalic finishes. Girls around the office always have some in their
purse. Who knows, you might have got a phone number too. ;-)

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... "Bother!" said Pooh, as he saw the sparks and smelled the smoke.