Lago Jardin

Default screw keeps turning

Hi

Sometimes if u don't get the screw going into the centre of the rawplug,
then it goes down the side of it...between the rawplug and the wall. It will
then spin and even enlarging the hole. You will just have to pack it or use
a larger, fatter raw plug. You may even have to re-position the hole and
fixing.

A general tip:

1. Choose the correct type of raw plug for the wall type.

2. If u are fixing several screws in to rawplugs....do them one at a time.
Drill the first hole, fit the plug and put in the screw but don't
tighten.(use self taping not wood screws). Then with a small drill bit mark
your next hole( remove first screw) then drill it with correct size bit for
the raw plug (I often use a slightly smaller bit than is needed especially
in crumbly walls. You can always make the hole bigger if needed). Now fit
your second plug and both screws as before.....and so on...

Its a bit of a hassle this way but i always find that u get a perfect
alignment of screws to plugs.

Regards

Nigel

"dundonald" wrote in message
I've searched the google archive for an answer to this question before
posting but unfortunately to no avail. So ...

I've just secured a bookcase to the wall with two screws. The screw on

the
left just keeps on turning when flush to the wood whereas the screw on the
right has become tight. I've often wondered:

1. why does a screw sometimes keep on turning?
2. if a screw does keep on turning, what is the impact on the security of
the fixing?

Would be grateful for any help.

Thanks.

--