Rick Stein

I like most of Krenov's work - not all, but most. But what I like
totally in his work is how it reflects who he is as a person, a
craftsperson, an observant human . . .I had the privilege of taking a
two week course from him in Maine 5 or 6 years ago. He is generous with
his expertise, kind to those less skilled, accepting of other visions.

Is he opinionated . . yes! Does his work reflect a singular point of
view . . .yes! Is it all perfect . . . no! Will everyone respond to his
work positively. . . . well, obviously not. But it is impossible, for me
at least, to not feel that his life is reflective of a certain type of
integrity, passion, and committment that I find highly admirable.

I find Chippendale, Federal, Queen Anne, pucky ducks uninteresting . . .
but that's just me. It's reflective of my taste and style . . .

I'm not trying to be a wise-ass. Like or not like Krenov's esthetic, I
truly believe that if you read his books carefully however, you will
respect his life's work. Krenov is about work, ethics, sensitivity to
design and effort. He has profoundly affected by life and work.

Rick
http://www.thunderworksinc.com

Olebiker wrote:

I know I may be really stepping into it, but what is it that impresses
folks about Krenov? I mean, how many variations on those trinket
cabinets can a guy make? What is it that people like about them
anyway. The legs are out of scale with the box and the
clunky-looking-thicker-at-the-bottom design of the legs reminds me too
much of my old bell bottoms I wore back in the 70s. (What were we
thinking?)

Somebody 'splain it to me.

Dick Durbin