cath1602

Default Loft insulation problem

We have recently insulated our under eaves storage area. We put
blanket insulation in the gaps between the roof beams, up against the
roof tiles, and it is held in place with plastic sheeting.

Having (belatedly) done a bit of research, it appears that this was
not the correct thing to do, and we should have used a more rigid type
of insulation and left an air gap between the insulation and the roof
tiles. And we should have used netting instead of plastic to hold it
in place.

The area now seems very humid. Is there anything we can do to repair
what we have done, or do we need to rip the whole lot out and start
again?

Catherine