Ian Stirling

Lobster wrote:
Ned wrote:
I'm sure I'm not hte first person to do this - bought a new sofa at a
great price. It fits through the hall door OK but after that the isn't
enough clearance to get through into the front room. Is it possible to
te,porarily remove a double glazed panel - uPVC ? It is about 44" x 47"
and it looks like the only way in for me. If the panel can be removed
is there anything I should be careful about ; will I need to cut /
break seals ??? Is this something I should tackle myself (average to
good DIYer) or should I call in an expert?

The answer is that the panel will definitely be removeable, the unknown
is whether you'll be able to do it without breaking it! That depends on
the type you have. Some panels are just held in by beading, which can

If the window is openable, it will usually be possible to remove it at
the hinge in some way.