Dan Mills

Peter Parry wrote:

On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:14:55 +0100, Dan Mills
wrote:

Peter Parry wrote:

Ahh, sorry I should have added 240V as a rider on that, given we were
talking event power it seemed reasonable to assume....

55-0-55 is of course standard for building site power tools.

My apologies, I meant 240VAC with the earth at 110V so 110-0-110.

OUCH!
Given that UK practice only fuses (and switches) one leg (and in fact that I
have seen RCDs that only switch one leg), how could this ever be viewed as
safe in the UK?

It is standard in America where most domestic power is done this way, but I
cannot see such a thing as being safe in the UK.

Regards, Dan (Very surprised to hear about this).