Phisherman

Use a half-lap joint, perhaps 6" long. This is easy to make, clamp,
and much stronger than a butt joint. Regular yellow woodworker's glue
will work fine.

On Sun, 15 May 2005 13:18:19 -0700, Eric
wrote:

I have to make an interior window ledge that is 13.5 feet long. I am
using Peruvian Walnut, and the longest boards I can find are 9ft. So..
I need to glue the pieces together. I intend to do this by adding two
pieces to either end of the main piece. I have never glued end grain to
end grain before and wondered if there is anything I should be wary of.
I could use Titebond or Gorilla glue, is there any advantage to one
over the other?

Other than my biggest issue might be finding bar clamp long enough. I
have the Rockler clamps and I am not sure they can be extended or used
with longer bars.

Thanks in advance for any comments/advice.

eric.