Eric Tonks

When checking the safety switches, some may be normally open, others may be
normally closed and open when operated so that they don't short the ignition
to ground to kill the engine.

"am" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got a Husqvarna YTH150 Yard Tractor with a problem.

It starts and runs just fine. While sitting on the seat (switch
engaged) I disengage the brake and the engine dies. It's definately an
electrical death (as opposed to friction.)

I have checked all wires and have tried a new relay. The brake switch
is working as the engine will not turn over with out the brake engaged.
The seat switch tests out with a multimeter (and I have jumped it as a
test.)

With the engine at idle and brake engaged, activating the PTO (to
engage blades) also kills the engine. This is interesting to me as I
was able to engage the blades once - now pulling the PTO kills the
engine.

I have looked for any obvious wiring issues and have found nothing.

As a background to this issue; I was mowing the lawn when the thing
just quit. I assumed I had run out of fuel - wrong. I was able to
start the engine (with blades off and brake on) but can do NOTHING with
this machine at this point.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!