dave wrote:

Last night saw the oven/grill catch fire - due frankly, to it needing

a clean
and we were in a rush. We don't normally let it get like that but did

on this
occasion. Fortunately is extingushed itself in a few seconds but I

got to
looking around to see what we needed in the case of a real kitchen

fire.

First off, there is polystyrene coving on the ceiling about the

cooker (put
there by previous owner) so that'll have to go.

Then I though maybe it's worth getting a fire blanket - the kind that

lives in a
cylinder and has tapes to put 'n throw.

Maybe fire "proof"/resistant paint on the ceiling there is a good

idea? It's
been painted recently with paint "for use in kitchens" - but I think

that just
means it doesn't flake from heat/condensation etc

Finally a fire extingushed. Wifey says she's heard of a new kind

available that
turns "fat to soap". Anyone know what it's called and who may sell

such a thing?

TIA for enlightenment on any of the above.

ps We do have a fire alarm!

The single most effective thing you can do to reduce fire risk is to
not deep fry in pans, use a plug in fryer.

Fire blanket next.

Intumescent paint is also available if neded.

Someone mentioned 6kg powder for =A340, but I doubt it.

NT