Pufter Pufter is offline
Member

Location: Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2911
Anyone have experience of claiming against Homeserve insurance in
respect of collapsed sewer/drains?. I'll explain why I'm asking later
- it'll be worth it!
Yes - Homeservice via Severn Trent Water (is this the same thing?). First claim (blocked rainwater drain) wasn't covered - fair enough. Second claim for fault with plumbing in cistern for loo. Emergency plumber came out within the hour & fixed (excellent). Third claim - nightmare. Leaking joint at base of cast iron soil pipe (underground - previously excavated to confirm leak/fractured joint). Inspection by Homeservice concluded I'd deliberately damaged it myself (why...?). In the end, wrote to the FOS who referred it to the underwriters of the policy (think it was Axa) who agreed there was no evidence I had damaged it deliberately & told Homeservice to deal with the claim. Had my own contractor do it - took Homeservice weeks to pay.