Cliff

On Mon, 16 May 2005 22:42:39 -0700, "PrecisionMachinisT"
wrote:

Reminds me in a way of the recent report by Newsday......( now
retracted )--where someone apparently had flushed the Koran down the
toilert....(much to the chagrin of all them holy muslim worriers in
Afghanistan)

Newsday or Newsweek?
In any case, it was retracted after VERY HEAVY DOD,
Whitehouse & neocon pressure.
And it's claimed that the source (probably also under much
pressure) sort of changed their story.

This does not mean that it was not true to begin with,
just classified.

I'd really like to see bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld etal
wiping with pages from the bible on TV ..... fair is,
after all, fair.
--
Cliff